1. Meaning is the human desire to "know" & "understand". Meanings are the concepts we build to see order where apparently there is none.
2. Realization is the meaning. This is true especially for poetry and all modern art.
3. Is Abstraction more real than nature? Is meaning individual, as opposed to collective?
4. If I look for the meaning of a word in a dictionary - I am given the meaning in terms of other words and if I don't know the meaning of them, I can look them up... to infinity.
5. Someone once told me the world itself is abstract, it's only the way we perceive it that makes it concrete.
6. All meaning is context dependent. Nothing has inherent meaning. Which leads me to think that meaning is in the relationship and interaction between things.
7. Our objective view on the world can only ever be subjective simply because we have to give meaning to everything because nothing is concrete; we bring it all into existence in our minds.
8. I always felt that worry was somehow a terrible mutation of anticipation.
Language and Music
9. I choose to believe in the theory enunciated by my beloved Laurie Anderson, in which "Language is a virus from outer space".
10. I still wonder what that first language was. and who invented spelling???
11. I believe in never-ending storage theory (were we have an unlimited memory). If we could know the whole of our minds, we could know the hole universe probably.
12. Language bgaen wehn i ievtnned it jsut now.
13. Sometimes I think it's not the world that is moving faster, it's me that is moving slower. In a relativistic universe, how do I tell the difference? (While talking about how fast language changes)
14. I don't need to know why. music makes me smile, cry, takes me back in time, builds dreams and wishes, drives creativity, lifts me up, takes me down. music just is...
15. Interesting that music can so emotionally charge us, and yet the very nature of music is basic mathematics.
Now try to match as many sentences as you can with their correct author, I should warn you that there are a couple that do not belong to signed comments.
Steve E, Rob Bryanton, tape, /t, Ariel, Shadow, Shubajjit, Lane Savant , Debora kay, human being , Medicated Lady, Janetk, Gingatao , paulandrewrussell ,tinkerbell the bipolar faery
3 days ago